Finding the perfect rental property can be hard work with so many factors to take into consideration. Not only do you need to find the perfect property size for your family, you need to think about weather you would like a property to be furnished, unfurnished, near to work, schools or transport links. But once you have found the perfect rental property for you, how can you help ensure that the landlord chooses you over the other applicants?
- Have all your paperwork in order. Most agencies will want to do a credit check, so will need pay slips and at least three months bank statements from each person named on the tenancy agreement.
- Have your deposit ready. Most agencies will need a month’s rent in advance as a deposit on the property, sometimes more if the landlord will accept pets. Have all the funds ready to help secure the property as soon as possible.
- Have good quality, reliable references on hand. Most agencies will require references, either from employers, former landlords or long standing acquaintances.
- Be honest in how long you would like to stay in the property. There is little point in wanting to move to a short-term rental property if you are looking to stay somewhere long term. Like wise, a landlord wanting to let out a property on a long term basis will probably not choose a tenant who only wants to stay for six months.
- Last and most importantly, is to keep in touch with the agents so you can keep all the required information up to date.
- Make sure you have all the information you need on purchasing tenants contents insurance. HomeLet have all the information you need, for tenants as well as landlords.